Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tony Kevin Jr. x NO THEFT


My friend Tony is playing the Tractor Sept. 1st and my other friend Benjamin happens to be on the same bill, it's going to be a great night. When Tony asked me to do a poster for this show I had a defined direction pretty much nailed down, I talked to Tony about it and he told me as long as I can keep it to my simple style to pursue it. Well that kept bouncing in my head and I dropped my original idea and with the word 'simple' I set out on this poster. I wanted no texture, same muted variations on a color, and of course lots of space. I came up with this style, committed to it, and made up a story in my head. I'm excited about this direction and hope to carry on the themes/story into other pieces in the future.

I get to work on a lot of diff. projects and it's always nice to work with someone who trusts you to do something new with their name. Tony is one of a couple peeps who have really let me explore and I'm so thankful!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

This is a great poster. That there is a story is evident, now I am curious to know it!

Karli said...

I LOVE IT. Can't wait to see more work in this style. yay for progress and staying fresh!!

Anonymous said...

You're killing me! The monochrome tones are brilliant.