Thursday, August 18, 2011

OH DEAR! x NO THEFT


(cover)

I recently had the joy of reconnecting with my friends Jacob, Brandon, & Justin. Garage Voice used to play shows with some of their bands from Tacoma back in the day and now they are all in one band OH DEAR!, pretty exciting. Several things that hit me right away in approaching this design was 1) Their music is colorful so had to rep that 2) they have 2 drummers and how they arrange themselves on stage has almost perfect symmetry, so wanted to have that reflected 3) When I heard the mixes for this self release I kept coming back to the lyrical idea of 'everything I said kept coming back to me' so the whole thoughts of sending out signals / receiving signals / recording signals was born. Working with a jewel case format was new to me, so it allowed for the vision of the record to really expand. VANJA. shot all of the album art and helped me meticulously arrange all the pieces, would not have been possible without her assistance (can't wait for her site to be up so I can refer the world to her) Voila!

Please check out OH DEARS! new release HERE


(back page of insert)

(cd)

(inside tray, cd rests on top)

(back of album)

9 comments:

Karli said...

perfection!!

claire said...

NIIICE!!!

Patrick said...

oh my goodness! This is awesome!

Jennifer Young said...

this is so insanely fantastic tommy!

Eating for the Rest of Us said...

this is great, I love it.

ben b said...

Dude, these are great. All of the geometric shapes! It's great man.

Amanda D said...

I LOVE this, Tommy. Great work :)

jamila said...

boooodiful papercreations!!!

Matt Turk said...

I love these Tommy!