Sunday, March 21, 2010

TOM ROREM


I had the pleasure of meeting Tom Rorem a year ago. I discovered a thinker, a musician, and a friend. He has the reward of graduating from a fine Chicago school and is finishing it with a final show with a full band. Proud of you Tom!

The first thing that came to mind for this poster was actually color. I never think of color schemes first so this was something I was excited to see where it would take me. I wanted it to be old school western meets old adventure book covers with thick type. I tried to think of imagery of being done, being free, moving on. I kept coming back to wild horses on the Midwest plains with so much room to roam. This is the most grainy masking i've done on a poster and something i don't want to do often but the element was perfect for this.

If you are in Chi-town hit this up!

1 comment:

TIP TOP said...

oh snap! i just might be :)