Friday, April 16, 2010

The Head & The Heart

(click to zoom)

The Upper Room commissioned me to do some identity work for them. This is the first public poster featuring the poster template I created for them. After several design sessions we decided to reflect old Penguin/Pelican press publications for the composition. This is my 3rd poster featuring my pen work. It's been a joy creating this way. I've enjoyed the time/effort it has taken to produce something I think solid in combining these 2 theories. The Trevor Davis & Pablo Trucker/ Young Lions pieces really helped me refine my approach. Now that I've done a couple pieces I may explore other theories or return to refining my approach to the Deco/Cubist movements that I admire greatly.

It really sucks doing posters for shows I can't attend. This is gonna be such a solid show! High Five Katrina Ong for all your hard work at Upper Room, this is legit!

Give my boys Paper Astronomer & The Head & The Heart a listen, and then do it live!

1 comment:

Patrick said...

This, this is incredible.

(And I equally love the young lions/pablo poster)