Friday, January 30, 2009

Bootstrapping

The good stress about bootstrapping for Garage Voice and Le Grand Cru is that every minute you are deciding your future. Your Schedule, Your work hours, how you want to come across and be seen. It's great, i'm really living what i want to live and i do feel incredibly blessed by God to do so. Everyday i have something to do, something to accomplish, something to celebrate about.

Its super.


The BAD stress about it and which i'm still working on is balancing deaadlines. Both GV and LGC have had web deadlines. I've had to send things out for print for both. Meetings for both.
I'm not crying about it, but i'm deff. learning quick from it!

I love the sense of accomplishment I have everyday when i start and end my day. I love seeing the fruit of my efforts right away. Bootstrapping is super rewarding and character building and its a lot easier when you have great fellows by your side doing the same thing. They are ruffing it with you, encouraging you, keeping you accountable, and constantly expanding the vision. On those hard stress days when the fruit of your hands isn't rewarding enough, sometimes just knowing that you got guys in the same boat as you striving and pushing for more is enough to get thru.

I want to spill the beans on some great stuff that is happening and coming up for both GV & LGC but that will have to wait! For now i can share that GV's new record 'let us reconcile' will be out inf Feb. along with brand new website! Grand Cru will be online as well around the same time with full purchasing capabilities and will feature our official first line of shirts (NINE TO BE EXACT!) 2 new shirst are about to be printed which i'm totally stoked about and my friends over at O.R.C.I.S island printing just did 2 new shirts for us as well :D

Some great stuff is coming up and i want everyone to share in my joy about it! huhzah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

=) woohoo! I agree

Yasi Xu said...

reading this puts a smile on my face. this is very encouraging, and happy :)

i heart you guys!

*ohh..i have ur pick btw